Summer Digital Media Internship
The Communication Intern will play an active role in the development and maintenance of Community Electric Cooperative’s (CEC) online community. The intern will assist in maintaining CEC’s presence on various media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base.
The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in tools used to assess their performance.
Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities and backgrounds. The candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks. This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, community relations, public relations, and audience development.
- Updates on social platforms
- Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with CEC
- Posts updates, news and announcement in a timely manner using appropriate content
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts content to social platforms in a manner that invites conversation and interaction
- Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos, videos, or other content from CEC’s activities, events, or job duties
- Grows CEC’s online networks by increasing fan-base and interactions
- Maintains current information on all platforms
- Completes other social media projects assigned
- Takes pictures and video of training events to be developed into content for the CEC website or social accounts
- Uploads CEC photos and videos to the appropriate folders and/or servers
- Organizes and archives digital images and videos
- Completes other digital media projects as assigned
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations within the industry and reports on social media best practices
- Complete other research projects as assigned
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign is a plus
- Familiarity with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Available to work at minimum 15 hours per week
Please send your resume and cover letter with the subject “Summer Digital Intern” to JParr@comelec.coop
This position may satisfy requirements for earning college credit.