Whenever a change of occupancy or legal responsibility takes place on any premises, notice of such changes must be given to CEC within a reasonable time prior to the date of the change. Failure to do so may result in the departing customer being held responsible for all service supplied until such notice has been received. Keeping the Cooperative informed of address changes is also necessary so checks may be mailed to the appropriate address.
Be prepared to provide us with the following information:
- Name on the account
- Account or customer number
- Physical location of service
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
If we are unable to verify the location of service from the physical address, we may need to ask you for:
- The previous occupant's name
- A service pole number
- A meter number
Steps for Transfer Service Request
- Complete and sign an Application for Membership form and provide the date you request service to be transferred into your name. Please allow 5 days for the transfer to take effect.
- A non-refundable $30 service connection fee per meter or outdoor light will be due and payable prior to any service connection or transfer.
- CEC will conduct a credit check to determine if a security deposit is necessary.