Are you a CEC member who is interested in net metering? Please follow these steps:
1. Call CEC at 757-242-6181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide preliminary information for net metering at your property.
2. When you’re ready, submit the Net Metering Interconnection Notification (NMIN) Form to CEC. This represents a member’s official request to the Cooperative. The second part of the process is to provide proof of liability insurance.
3. Once an NMIN Form is received, a CEC engineer will review your:
- Equipment; to ensure that it is appropriately certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Location; to ensure there are no changes necessary with the Cooperative’s distribution system.
- System’s size; to ensure that the generating facility will not produce more energy than what was used in the previous year.
4. CEC will let you know if your design is approved for interconnection and you’re approved to build your system.
5. An appointment is set for on-site inspection and testing of interconnection by CEC.
6. Meter swap occurs, and new net meter is set and activated by CEC.
7. You’re finished!