Welcome to Community Electric Cooperative
Welcome to Community Electric, where you’re a member and an owner.
To begin service, complete the membership application below. After you submit the online form:
- A member service representative will process your application.
- Once completed, a representative will contact you. You will also receive an email invitation to set up your new account in SmartHub.
- For New Construction applications, Click here for the entire application workflow checklist.
Applications received after regular business hours Monday thru Friday or on weekends will be processed the next business day. All new connections will be made the next business day following the completion of the application and fee payment.
You will need your driver’s license (or government-issued ID) and social security number.
Apply In Person
If you are requesting service to be disconnected:
- Please contact the member services department with your request.
- The Cooperative will disconnect the service within a reasonable time after receipt of your request.
- CEC will issue you a final bill for services up to the date of disconnection less any outstanding security deposits.
Failure to notify the Cooperative of your request to terminate service keeps you responsible for all services until a disconnect notice is received.
Please keep the Cooperative informed of your future addresses. We will forward any future refunds to you when the Board of Directors approves Patronage capital refunds for the years you received service from the Cooperative.
For more information:
My Account: Fees & Deposits
Security deposits are required for all new accounts.
- A security deposit for residential accounts may be required before new service can be established and will be based on a soft credit check and account location past usage.
- A $30 meter set fee is due on each meter that is installed.
- There may be a construction charge if this is a new location.
- A $5 member fee is due on each meter that is installed.