If you are applying for service where facilities do not exist (e.g. newly constructed home), go to New Construction Installation for more relevant information.
If you are applying for service to an existing structure such as a house, apartment or other structure where the electrical facilities are already in place, please complete/sign the forms listed below in their entirety and return them to our member services department either in person or online.
The following information and forms must be received before an account can be established in your name:
- One valid form of identification (Passport, Drivers License, etc.)
- Proof of ownership – Deed or Rental Contract
- $5 Membership Fee (Can be paid via SmartHub account)
- $30 Activation Fee (Can be paid via SmartHub account)
- Possible deposit necessary based on soft credit check and consumption of location (Can be paid via SmartHub account)
To apply in person, please arrive at our office Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Whenever a change of occupancy or legal responsibility takes place on any premises, a notice of such changes must be given to CEC within a reasonable time prior to the date of the change. Failure to do so may result in the departing customer being held responsible for all service supplied until such notice has been received. Keeping the Cooperative informed of address changes is also necessary so checks may be mailed to the appropriate address.
Be prepared to provide us with the following information:
- Name on the account
- Account or customer number
- Physical location of service
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
If we are unable to verify the location of service from the physical address, we may need to ask you for:
- The previous occupant's name
- A service pole number
- A meter number
Steps for Transfer Service Request
- Complete and sign an Application for Membership form and provide the date you request service to be transferred into your name. Please allow 5 days for the transfer to take effect.
- A non-refundable $30 service connection fee per meter or outdoor light will be due and payable prior to any service connection or transfer.
- CEC will conduct a credit check to determine if a security deposit is necessary.
If you are requesting service to be disconnected:
- Please contact the member services department with your request.
- The Cooperative will disconnect the service within a reasonable time after receipt of your request.
- CEC will issue you a final bill for services up to the date of disconnection less any outstanding security deposits.
Failure to notify the Cooperative of your request to terminate service keeps you responsible for all services until a disconnect notice is received.
Please keep the Cooperative informed of your future addresses. We will forward any future refunds to you when the Board of Directors approves patronage capital refunds for the years you received service from the Cooperative.
For more information:
Provisions can be made to provide temporary electric service for customers who have a need for it. Service connections for carnivals, festivals, street decorations, construction purposes, etc. are examples of such needs.
- If you require a temporary service connection, please call the member services department or email the member services department to schedule an appointment with an engineering representative to discuss the electrical requirements.
- If you require the electrical service to be disconnected to relocate the service, make repairs to interior wiring, add additional electrical load or for other reasons not related to the non-payment of the account, please call us in advance or via email us.
An appointment will be scheduled with a service technician to disconnect the service. Once you are ready to have the service reconnected, contact us to schedule an appointment with a service technician to perform the re-connection.
A security deposit, if required:
- May be paid in full at the time of application
- May be paid in 3 monthly installments, with the first installment due prior to any service connection or transfer
- Will be an amount not to exceed an estimated 2 months usage
The Cooperative pays interest as determined by the State Corporation Commission annually on each security deposit retained longer than 90 days. The security deposit is refunded and credited to accounts at the end of 12 consecutive months during which the account has not been delinquent or disconnected for non-payment. All remaining deposits plus earned interest will be returned to the customer at the termination of electric distribution service after all indebtedness to the Cooperative has been paid.